9 Strategies to Get High Quality Backlinks to Your Website
Backlinks are the lifeblood of any website. Without them, you are dead in the water, and it is for this reason that SEO experts tell you to build backlinks to your website.
But how do you build backlinks to your website? When you create a new blog post and publish it on the internet, you don’t expect it to become instantly popular. You need to promote it, advertise it on social media, and run some paid ads. The same is true of backlinks. You need to work at building backlinks to your website.
This post will outline some of the best ways to build quality backlinks to your website, and it will give you a starting point for creating your own quality backlinks.
For some, backlinks are the number one ranking factor for their websites. If you employ this strategy, building high-quality backlinks to your website can not only increase your search engine ranking but can also increase organic traffic.
And bringing more visitors to your website is what search engine optimization (SEO) is all about!
Some backlinks are harder than others to find, but if they increase your traffic from the search engines, then surely, it’s worth the effort!
Try these techniques to earn quality backlinks and get more visitors to your website:
1. The broken-link building method. This method involves contacting a webmaster to report broken links on their website. While doing this, you suggest adding a link to your own website.
● As you are helping the webmaster by finding this broken link, the chances of them replacing the link with your own or adding one of yours will be quite high.
● Peruse quality websites in your field, so any added links will be from other experts in your industry, resulting in a high-quality link.
2. The skyscraper technique. This method has three steps:
● Find a piece of content that has lots of links pointing to it.
● Create a piece of content that is better, or more valuable, than that one and publish it on your website.
● Contact those who link to the original piece and ask them if they would rather link to your higher quality piece of content, instead. Some will!
3. Create an infographic. This is one of the more popular ways to build backlinks. The reason for this is that infographics are easy to understand and share.
● To do this, you will need to find an appropriate topic in your field, perhaps a trending topic, gather the data, and find someone to make this data visually appealing.
● Be sure to include links to your website in the infographic.
● Once the infographic is created, add it to your website and your social media accounts, where it will likely be shared.
4. Write guest articles. When you create articles to place on other websites, you get to put your content in front of a new audience. This increases the exposure to your own website.
● This method is good not only for creating that important backlink but can also increase your own reputation and social media following.
5. Spy on your competitors. When you spy on your competitors, you'll get a better idea of what content they're creating and the backlinks that they're building. Using the likes of BuzzSumo, you can easily check out the content that your competitors are publishing and the backlinks that they're building. You can also check out the most shared content from your competitors and create your own better version of it and acquire backlinks from many of the same websites that link to your competitor.
6. Promote your content. Sometimes the best approach to building backlinks is to approach webmasters yourself via email.
● One easy way to gain a backlink is to find those that create weekly or monthly roundup posts. You can then email these people links to your best guides and ask them to add them to their latest roundup article.
● If you struggle to find the email address of the webmaster, check out their social media profiles. Also, LinkedIn is always a good place for professional contacts.
7. Write a testimonial. Many times, you can get a backlink in exchange for a testimonial. Make a list of any products you are using and contact the owner of the website that promotes this product. Offer to make a testimonial for their product as long as you can put a link to your website.
8. Donate to a nonprofit organization. It’s common practice for nonprofit organizations to include links to the websites of the businesses that donate to them. It is as simple as finding the organization, filling in the amount you wish to donate, and writing your URL.
9. Get interviewed. Once you become known as an authority in your niche, you’ll find that others will come directly to you for an interview. Many will link to your website in their promo materials for the interview as well as in the interview itself.
● In the meantime, before others are coming to you, look for websites that are looking for interviewees. Contact them, telling them you wish to participate in the interviews and what knowledge you can contribute.
Building backlinks can be a challenge but using these strategies will certainly help you to build the quality backlinks you seek.